What's for dinner?

• A wise man once said "There are three things all humans must do: eat, sleep, and poop." If you want to get the most out of your human existence, you'd better get good at doing these three things. While sleeping and pooping are worthy topics in their own right, let's talk about eating.

Talk about what you usually eat, share recipes, and discuss food in general. The sky's the limit!

I'm making lentil curry over rice with fried okra for dinner tonight. Pretty excited about how it's gonna be.

• Sardines, man. Great snack and even better on crackers. I went from canned tuna to canned sardines because I realized I was consuming too much mercury with the tuna.

• Tonight I made some chili. It's my usual recipe. Cheap, tasty, easy and reliable, with lots of leftovers.

1 lb / 500g ground meat (I usually do ground turkey because it's leaner and has less cholesterol and whatnot)
    1 large onion, yellow or spanish, diced
    4-6 cloves of garlic, finely minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
    2 tbsp cumin
    2 tbsp chili powder
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 tsp pepper
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp MSG
    1/2 tsp thyme

2 19oz cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    28oz can diced tomatoes
    8oz can tomato sauce
    5.5oz can tomato paste
    2 cups beef broth

Combine all the spices and garlic in a bowl.

Brown the ground meat in a large skillet over medium-low heat, in some cooking oil of your choosing.

Drain, then add the onion, cook until semi-translucent, add all the spices, cook for another couple minutes. Add the beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and beans. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil, then stir and lower heat to a simmer. simmer for 45 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.

You can probably add some actual chilies if you're not a wimp like me, but I prefer my stuff mild. I usually put some Parmesan cheese on it too.

• I had Cheetos cheese puffs and chocolate chip cookies from Publix.

• there is a striking disparity between our meals tonight, kyoni

• Yeah yours is too red imo

I'm a visual person I need color stimulation in my life

• One like and I'll put green food coloring in the next thing I make.

• We had spaghetti with meat sauce and perogies yesterday. The meat sauce was pretty standard ground beef with Ragu, adding in some onion, garlic, italian spices, and oregano. It's simple but filling.

The perogies were just sort of there by accident but they went along with it fine.

• @Fawfil said in What's for dinner?:

One like and I'll put green food coloring in the next thing I make.

Well, did you do it??

• I had several grilled burgers because it's Meme L'oreal Day.