Anybody played Demon's Crest?

• A Capcom SNES game which is an often overlooked Metroidvania. The game has great graphics and a creepy, unsettling atmosphere that really reminds me of Super Metroid, which was released the same year. The level design is pretty linear, but there's an emphasis on exploration which requires you to revisit previously completed areas in order to collect new items or fight bosses that couldn't be fought before. There's really a sense of progression as you collect new items and abilities that makes you feel like you've become stronger as your character unlocks new abilities. As I mentioned earlier, the best thing about the game is the atmosphere, it really manages to evoke a sense of creepiness. I'd be interested to know if anyone's played it and what their thoughts on the game are.

• Played it years ago...2015 or 16ish? Haven't gone back to it since, but it's alright and cool in its own way. Yeah, it's relatively tough until you actually know how and where to get upgrades, but it's not that bad. Final bosses are bullshit though lol.