Magia Record Discussion Topic

• 55b719e0-fe11-47de-9910-e8e846130158-image.png

I started playing this game a while ago (for iOS/Android, if you don't know). It's really fun!

If you've played Fate/GO, the battle system is similar. It's simple, but it can make you think a little for more difficult fights.

But my favorite part of it is the story. It's an AU side story to the original Madoka Magica story line, starring a new cast (pictured above). To be honest, when I first started playing, I thought it was just going to be Madoka 2.0, but I'm really impressed by everyone's unique personalities, as well as the various parallels between the new and old characters.

Iroha and Madoka are our pink-haired protagonists filled with kindness and positive energy.
    Yachiyo and Mami are lonely loners who crave friendship and belonging, but struggle to find them.
    Tsuruno and Sayaka are headstrong characters with a sense of justice, who both fall victim to despair in some way; Sayaka becoming a witch, Tsuruno fusing with a rumor.
    Felicia and Kyoko are combative, contentious orphans with a history of family issues.
    Sana and Homura (glasses) are shy and quiet characters that crave some kind of bond with others. And after finding a deep friendship, they protect their companion (Iroha and Madoka, respectively) with all their might.

The writing overall is really top-notch, imo it's worth playing the game for the storyline alone. There's also an anime too (by the same name, recently having finished airing Season 1) if you're the type of person who prefers watching. It's really great; it's diverging from the game quite drastically though, it seems.

I'm playing the English version and we're currently on Chapter 10 (Episode 2).

It's nice seeing everything begin to wrap up, but I am wondering about how things will end. Mostly I'm wondering about the Magius and how they're going to be dealt with. Walpurgasnacht too, since it seems like they're about to free Ui from Eve. Which reminds me; I've been wondering what Ui's wish was, it probably has something to do with Iroha's memories. But I can't really think of any reason for it to happen!

If anyone wants to add me, my name in the game is Mashi and my Player ID is T8F9cVnM.

tl;dr Iroha best girl