Abandoned Challenge Runs

• I have a pretty bad habit of starting a challenge run and never completing it. Share any you've given up on!

• A few months ago, I decided to try to beat Symphony of the Night using one of the worst weapons in the game, Red Rust. It's a horrible sword that deals less damage than your bare hands, and it's 2-handed, so you can't use a shield. Worst of all though, any time you try to attack with it, there's a chance that instead of attacking, you stagger instead. Nice! Anyway, I gave up on the challenge after beating the second boss, Doppelganger, mostly because I couldn't decide on some clear rules. Should I allow consumables, which would require un-equipping Red Rust? Should I disallow spells? Both of those would completely stop me from healing between save points. What about sub-weapons? Heck, what about the wolf and bat form's attacks? I couldn't decide on some clear rules, so I gave up. I probably couldn't have beat Dracula anyway.

• I tried to do a low level run of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga some years ago with the added stipulations that I couldn't equip any gear beyond the defaults and couldn't purchase any items at any point. Got myself up to the Fawful battle in Bowser's Castle before I gave up because I realized how much I sincerely dislike that game.