Any Tabletop Simulator Players?

• This is genuinely one of my favorite games I own in my Steam library, and offers so much bang for your buck it's unreal.

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Tabletop Simulator is essentially a virtual tabletop space that allows you to play a near endless number of board games and tabletop experiences, thanks to its huge mod community and the vast number of board games that have been recreated for it. The base game comes with standard classic games like Chess, Checkers, Dominoes, and a deck of playing cards, but also includes tools for running D&D campaigns, as well as myriad DLC packs for officially recreated versions of games like Scythe and Cosmic Encounter.

I've even been using it as a development tool for creating a board game of my own, where I can import custom content to playtest my game and make easy revisions as needed.

The game's standard price is $19.99, which is already a steal in itself, but it often goes on sale for $10. If you're a fan of board games and haven't tried this out yet, you're seriously missing out.

For those of you that have played it though, what are some of your favorite games to play? Maybe we can organize a few play sessions on here ourselves. I'm personally a huge fan of Dominion and Clank!

• I'm up for any tabletop game. I don't have much of a preference on that so I'll adapt to what others want. If anyone wants to play sometime, don't be afraid to add me on Steam ^.^

• Tabletop Simulator is a great game, The Duke is a pretty good game to play on Tabletop Simulator. It's basically a more complex chess and since its 2 players it's fairly easy to start a game.

• I really like Tabletop Simulator. From it, I discovered Dominion and it's a really fun card game. But I'm searching for game to play with my friends, something that's not too hard. Anty suggestion?

• @Mariotate I've got the Duke added into my library, I've heard really cool things about it! That and Onitama were the two "complex chess" style games I was really interested in playing. We'll have to play it sometime!

@Zam said in Any Tabletop Simulator Players?:

I really like Tabletop Simulator. From it, I discovered Dominion and it's a really fun card game. But I'm searching for game to play with my friends, something that's not too hard. Anty suggestion?

I think Clank is a great game if you don't mind dungeon crawler style games. It's actually pretty simple to understand, and it's a load of fun! It's similar to Dominion in that as you progress through the game, you're building up a deck with cards that you purchase using resources you gain every turn, but you're also moving your character across a game board and moving into different rooms containing artifacts and other secrets. You're basically an explorer trying to grab as many artifacts from a dragon's den as possible without making too much noise (aka "clanking"), angering the dragon and getting yourself killed. Every time you clank, the dragon essentially has better odds of attacking you when it eventually goes on a rampage. The better artifacts are further down in the dungeon, meaning you're at a higher risk of being unable to escape without being finished off by the dragon. It's got tons of options with a risk vs. reward system, and a game can be finished in about an hour. It took about an extra half hour with my first game I played just learning the rules, but after that it was incredibly easy to keep picking up again and again.

There's a great scripted version of it on Tabletop too that does a lot of the more handsy stuff like pulling cubes out of the bag to determine who gets hit by the dragon when he appears. Definitely recommend it.

• I have Tabletop Sim myself; I haven't really touched it very much though (though recently I've been roped into playing a Persona-flavored One Ring campaign with a couple friends every other Saturday) so maybe I'd appreciate the extra excuse to use it if I have the time.

• I occasionally use it for D&D, but that's about it.

• i think tabletop sim works really well for betrayal (+ widow's walk), and i've also played a good bit of dominion in it. being able to script games is pretty great, though i haven't built anything myself in it

how's it work for D&D? i'm in a friend group that's actively looking for a better platform to use than roll20, and primarily plays over text (as opposed to voice)

• @smilefires If you're not playing with voice then Tabletop Simulator probably isn't the best choice for D&D, tbh. We use it more for the novelty of that tactile feel since we all used to play together in person but life has put us far enough apart for that to no longer be feasible most of the time. Roll20 is still probably the best bet for efficiency, even if I can't stand its macro syntax. Discord could work as well, assuming you play theater of the mind and get a die roll plugin for the server.

(I've also done tabletop over IRC, which works well if you want to go old school.)