Homeworlds: a Series on HUB Design - Peach's Castle

• Today I posted a video in my series Homeworlds: a series on HUB design. This time we are looking at Peach's Castle in Mario 64. I'd love any feedback you have in terms of scripting, technical stuff, my performance or even just my take on the subject!

Here is the video.

• Hi @Charles-Goodrich! The Questions and Feedback forum is more intended for general Q&A and feedback related to the site. I've moved this over to Game Discussion since, well, it's a discussion on games!

• @Charles-Goodrich I enjoyed this video a lot and the premise of analysing hub design is something that intrigues me. You've got a decent humour as well as comedic timing so I was able to laugh along as well as learn a bit more about hub design.
    On a feedback note, there are a couple of moments the audio is mixed strangely so the music is blaring and your voice is quieter so I had to try and hear you. As well from a pure content standpoint, I'd love to hear more about the literal construction of the hub. As in how far is it between levels and areas, are shortcuts opened up as you go and how organic is the design to player function. You did touch on these elements each individually but I think having an equivalent focus on both mechanical and ascetic elements is the key here.

• @Veegie That makes a lot of sense in hindsight haha. Thanks Veegie.

And thanks @StevoIDH for your feedback!

• Will definitely check this out later. I dig the concept behind it, hub worlds are often some of the most memorable parts of games they feature in given how much time you spend in them and I feel using Peach's Castle as a starting point was both obvious and a great decision because I can think of very few hub worlds to ever get it quite as right as Super Mario 64 did.