Super Mario Maker 2 HYPE

• That trailer from the Nintendo Direct was insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJWzJC8Kfk

So I wanted to make a thread on here just documenting all of the new features we can find in this thing. I'll start with everything I saw in chronological order:

-New UI for selecting objects with a wheel mechanism (how does that work? Can you swap stuff out in those wheels?)
    -Slopes, both steep and shallow
    -Weird cloud-like enemies that provide an upward gust.
    -The Angry Sun!
    -Giant lift platforms for tracks.
    -New snow background!
    -Snake blocks.
    -Arrows, which can be used to direct snake blocks, pirahna creepers, and other enemies/objects.
    -Water can be placed in levels outside of the water theme!
    -Switch blocks with corresponding toggle blocks.
    -Customizable tracks for autoscrolling stages!
    -Super Mario 3D World theme!
    -Enemies from Super Mario 3D World, such as Ant Troopers and Pirahna Creepers.
    -Interactable background elements, such as the climbable bell tree.
    -Cat Mario for the 3D World theme! It still looks like certain powerups will be exclusive to their games/themes.
    -The giant yellow blocks that spit out brown blocks in a snake-like fashion from 3D World.
    -Clear pipes.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.28.46 PM.png
    -This weird coin counter thing that seems to track how many coins a player collected out of a certain amount. It's unclear whether the right number in this counter is the total coins in the level or a specific requirement set by the level creator.
    -Circus theme!
    -Enemies coming into the foreground from the background, in this case Banzai Bills. It's unclear as to whether the cannon only would shoot Banzai Bills or if anything can be placed in them.
    -Poison water? Or is this just what lava looks like in the circus theme?
    -Jungle theme!
    -Enemies with Parachutes.
    -Boom Boom!
    ...and the release window of June.

I guess I'm just curious if there's anything I missed, or if there's anything people can derive from the stuff I pulled that I don't understand.

Basically I'm just really excited about this video game and I can't wait to make more fun levels!

• The coin counter is interesting because it could introduce a whole new type of level, or, at least, slightly different from the red coin levels of previous. I've only played the game twice before so forgive me if I remember wrongly. I believe this will offer optional objectives rather than require them to proceed.

What I thought you meant by 3D World before was that we could make the 3D-like levels that exist in 3D World as a brand new editor, but I know that's way too much to ask for. I am surprised that there's no mention of a 3D World port, 'cause I'd finally be able to play the title so many hold in high regard.

• Not owning a Wii U, I never got the opportunity to try out the first Mario Maker, but what I'm seeing has me super pumped and genuinely excited for a side-scrolling Mario game for the first time in a very long time.

I can't be the only one thinking this though...Zelda Maker, when?

• These are some great additions, but I think it's gonna end up with a lot of autolevels again in the form of buttsliding levels where you just hold down the entire time.

I hope that there'll be an option to create a sort of small overworld for a short sequence of your own levels this time, they almost had it last time.

• One more important thing to note is the addition of vertical levels. Tower levels are now possible!

• @Kernal I wasn't sure whether the trailer actually confirms vertical levels or whether they just increased the height you could use in a level. But that shot of a castle with the Mario World skin definitely looks promising!