So a Frozen 2 trailer came out...

• A Frozen 2 trailer came out, and I honestly don't know what to think. They definitely did not take this in the direction I personally expected.

https://youtu.be/eSLe4HuKuK0

• Like most people to have ever voiced an opinion in the history of ever, I have pretty mixed feelings on Frozen. I think the trailer did a solid job at juxtaposing the familiar faces with this grittiness that's so uncharacteristic of the original movie in a way that easily and effectively piques interest. When news first dropped I couldn't have been more indifferent. After watching this trailer, now I'm actually invested and want to watch more. Interested in seeing how this develops.

@Raeker said in So a Frozen 2 trailer came out...:

They definitely did not take this in the direction I personally expected.

Yeah for real spring is supposed to come after winter not autumn wtf disney

• For real tho. Tangled was... a LOT better than Frozen.

• Wasn't terribly impressed with the first film, but the direction that this trailer is showing feels far more interesting and ambitious than what we saw before. Hoping that this trailer isn't catfishing us for more of the same, and that we get a genuinely compelling followup.

• @FourString Yeah, ambitious is a great word to describe it! Seems like a total 180 based on this trailer alone from the original movie.

Another point I want to bring up is how the color pallette in this movie looks like it's expanded heavily from the original. Really excited to see Disney flex their 2019 tech and resources fleshing out these lush environments and scenery.

• Frozen is one of those films that just seems to get worse every time I think back on it. I don’t think it’s a train wreck nor do I think it’s one of Disney’s greatest, it has a few good elements, but even those don’t feel quite as ironed out as they should. Frozen 1 just has this feeling of “being rushed” and “thrown together” in certain parts.

This sequel actually looks interesting considering ever since I heard they were doing an inevitable sequel, I had two minds about it. I was excited in how I was thinking, “Oh cool, maybe Disney will actually let the filmmakers do their thing instead of rushing the production to meet a deadline.” But the other half was thinking, “Oh of course this is just going to be 90 minutes of Frozen 1 fan service and Disney cashing on even more merchandise.” The trailer seems to be more in the former territory, but I guess we’ll see.

• @JAMOfficial said in So a Frozen 2 trailer came out...:

For real tho. Tangled was... a LOT better than Frozen.

I've watched both Tangled and Frozen within the last few weeks, and I agree that Tangled's a better film. Frozen's a bit of a mess and it's very apparent that it's been rewritten many times.

@FourString said in So a Frozen 2 trailer came out...:

Wasn't terribly impressed with the first film, but the direction that this trailer is showing feels far more interesting and ambitious than what we saw before. Hoping that this trailer isn't catfishing us for more of the same, and that we get a genuinely compelling followup.

The good thing is that Wreck-It Ralph 2 wasn't too bad a film either. It wasn't great, but it was decent enough that I feel like Frozen 2 might not be too bad either. Disney might not have the best run regarding sequels but this trailer makes me somewhat excited.

• Hmm... After watching the trailer, this may be the first time a Disney movie's sequel turns out better than the prequel since Toy Story.