Toast

• This is the toast topic where we discuss toast.

I prefer my toast to be JUST on the verge of having been browned, like so
    2d24b0fe-23bf-48cf-880d-1d3e9fa7983d-image.png

I believe this to be optimal toasting. Because I'm too poor to afford a toaster, I own a toaster oven (NOTE: A toaster oven is not a toaster), so I have to flip my toast over to get a nice even toast.

As for a spread, I'll go for some Nutella if I'm craving some chocolate and blackberry jam if I'm trying to pretend I'm being healthy even though I'm not. The reason I use blackberry jam in particular is because I asked my father to buy blueberry jam once and he came back with blackberry jam and I've just stuck with it ever since.

399b427b-f9f3-4953-a4a9-f256a7e54385-image.png
    (I haven't ever thought to put bananas on Nutella toast, but I will tomorrow morning lol)

Since I have very refined tastes, I eat my toast by the single slice (SS for short) as opposed to the sandwiched slices (SS for short). After all, we're not here to eat a sandwich. If I wanted a sandwich, I would just toast a Poptart!

P.S. The ends of a loaf of bread are good, actually.

EDIT P.S.S. I once toasted five (161c3fda-a9bb-49ad-81ab-ecfe2bbc68c3-image.png ) toasts in one toasting session.

• I object to your slander against toaster ovens--they're like toasters but better. Sure, it's slightly more work than a toaster, since you have to manually take things out, but the benefit is that you can toast anything!

I also prefer my toast right on the cusp of being burnt. You have to take risks to get the best results, much like blackjack.

• @Fawfil said in Toast:

I object to your slander against toaster ovens--they're like toasters but better. Sure, it's slightly more work than a toaster, since you have to manually take things out, but the benefit is that you can toast anything!

I also prefer my toast right on the cusp of being burnt. You have to take risks to get the best results, much like blackjack.

QUESTION: When you flip your toast, do you use your bare hands or tongs or something else?

I occasionally will eat toast that is on the cusp of being burnt (when I leave it in the toaster oven and forget to take it out later lol), but it's difficult to get that toastiness even on both sides. 🤔

Something I've been wondering is trying to figure out what best to eat burnt toast with too. Even if it's very burnt, usually it's only the skin that's really bad, and the inside of it is fine. Maybe there's an easy way to cut off the burnt boundary layer?

• bagel gang

• I'm a golden brown type of guy as well when it comes to toast. Burnt toast I can tolerate, but it definitely isn't preferred. Nutella is a top tier spread. I've had banana's with Nutella before, it isn't really very good. Nutella and peanut butter is a top tier combo though. Blackberry jam is pretty good but strawberry has always been my go to jam.

• Your boast regarding toast makes me want to post the most.

• @Jester It turns out that the bananas I have aren't ripened yet, so I didn't have banana Nutella this morning. It's disappointing to hear that it's not so good though! I'll definitely try it with some peanut butter though.

@Dark-Koopa
    If you want to defeat me in toast,
    Then I'll be winning from coast to coast!
    But I'll be your host,
    I'm kinder than most,
    Just try not to get too engrossed!

• I am sorry to encroach.

I don't want to end up a ghost!

• oh no too poor to afford a toaster
    but still have a toaster oven?

two words: pan fry.

slap on condiments cold and watch them melt

or just cut your losses and make toasted cheese

you're already there

• @homie said in Toast:

bagel gang

wait but... New York or Montreal style? Sweet or savoury?

• alt text

I'll take mine with holes in.

Though tbh it doesn't matter how black it is just add more butter

• @Jon said in Toast:

alt text

I'll take mine with holes in.

Though tbh it doesn't matter how black it is just add more butter

wth is this

• This is my favourite toast.

0021cb52-515e-4abd-a01f-25fa1cf616d5-image.png

• Wheat. Toasted well but not burnt. Peanut butter and sometimes just plain ole butter and jam. Yeah I know that's boring.

• I like toast quite brown. Hate toast what is anaemic and barely brown what also tastes quite soggy and bland.