Puyo Puyo Tetris

• This is the Puyo Puyo Tetris topic where we talk about Puyo Puyo, Tetris, or both!

Because I am terrible at Puyo, I mainly play Tetris lol

When I first started, I practiced a lot of doing I block Tetris clears until I could do it consistently well. I'm really comfortable with it now, so I moved onto trying to do side 3-wide with some success (still needs a lot more practice, however). Then I'll probably try side 4-wide and eventually center 4-wide.

btw Puyo Puyo Tetris's story is good

• ALSO Ringo best girl

• I'm a tetris person, too. I don't really do combos, though. And I play as Schezo.

I'm probably a bit rusty right now, though. Say, have you played against the core AI?

• I am horrible at both, which gives me flexibility.
    Puyo for me is about preparing an awesome chain and getting it ruined by garbage puyos.
    Tetris for me is about accidentally placing one block wrong and ruining everything.

So I prefer puyo, where I can blame my failure on others.

• @Ghost Not yet!! Because I'm still bad lol. I still have trouble consistently beating people like Rulue and the Dark Prince with their normal AI!

Schezo's really funny lol, I loved the chapter with him chasing Sig.

@Fawfil How about Swap??

• I can beat them consistently 1v1. Not... THAT consistently on 4v4, though. Sometimes everyone decides to attack all at once, and my paltry tetris skills can't really do much about it. There's only so much my stubbornly oldschool style can do, you know!

I mean, I know it kind of deliberately handicaps me. Matches with the CoreAI are either won after well over 5 minutes (I believe it once took me 7 minutes) or lost because I eventually get distracted for more than the time it takes me to blink. But that's just how I like to play. Old-school, with no real use of fancy shmancy new moves.

And yeah, Schezo is hilarious. So misunderstood!

• Yes, I know this topic is old as hell...

Been into this series since I played mean bean when I was 9 or so, but I didn't get into the series proper until around 2006 and have been hooked since, so much so that I buy the games on more than 1 console to support it.

But anyway, my tetris is ok-average at best (although, I did manage to score ONE win over Ghost, not letting that go), but Puyo is one of the very few things I actually consider myself solid at. I can be a messy chainer, but I know what I'm doing and can beat core a.i., even 3 of them after several tries <_<. I'm more than open to a challenge if anyone wants to.

Also, dark Marle is legit.