Skoops' Amateur Art Station (Now with 300% more shameless plugging)

• Thank you, Teela! This brush has more or less become my new default coloring brush ever since I made the assets for my Pokémon Red Version stream in 2022. I probably should dip back into more standard coloring/shading methods so as to not get too comfortable with only one thing, though.

• I agree that mastering more tools can expand the number of ideas, styles, and themes you can convey in your work. It's like having a bigger net to catch your vision. However, having one tool that you can fall back on for first-pass drafts or quick doodles is always a great thing to have too and shouldn't be underestimated either.

I'd love to see more art in that coloring brush even if it has become your main tool lately; it gives your work a unique flavor. I'm always open to seeing more Pokemon art too!

• Honestly? You can just use that brush in fancy new ways, too. There's a lot of ways you can get new skills.

• alt text

Started a small drawing challenge (perhaps with a Round 2 or more in the future?) with a couple of friends and threw some Pokémon onto a dart board to determine which ones we'd have to make a picture of. I got Thievul, which was one that I'd nominated in the first place.

I've always liked Thievul's design, but for whatever reason, I tend to forget all about it. Then again, there's a pretty start divide in my brain starting around Gen V where everything after that is still "new Pokémon" and thus harder for me to really recall.