• Unknowns

Share your artistic endeavours with other forumers. Get feedback and improve your craft!
 #337211  by YTguy  Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 pm
Examine food tray.
 #337222  by Goombachi  Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am
Find a way on the other side of the window.
Break window.
Make your way back to the room.
Then crawl out the window now that it's broken, making your daring escape.
 #337266  by Super Goomba  Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:25 pm
Light Bear wrote:Wait, that thing dispenses endless cups? Grab as many as you think reasonable. Then one extra, because you can never bee too prepared.

You grab an absolutely massive amount of paper cups from the paper cup dispenser. Okay, this is just way too many cups. Still, you've got plenty of pocket space, and you never know just when you might need a paper cup!

[FUCKTON OF PAPER CUPS STUFFED IN INVENTORY]
Black Ghost wrote:Attempt to throw disgusting prune juice out window.

You are understandably miffed at the fact that you haven't been given anything to drink other than prune juice. In an attempt to vent your frustrations, you try to lift the water cooler (or rather, prune juice cooler, you guess) and toss out of the window. Unfortunately, not only is it rather large and heavy, it seems to be attached directly to the top of the small cupboard and won't budge!

Upon closer inspection, you see that there is a pipe running from the back of the cooler to the wall behind it. You surmise that must be in place to replenish your beverage supply should you run low while you're trapped in here. Not that that's an issue that's likely arise any time soon, all things considered.
YTguy wrote:Examine food tray.

On the food tray is a well-cooked salisbury steak. You drool a little as you regard the tender, succulent meatstuff. You don't exactly know when the last time you ate was, but considering how completely famished you are, you surmise that it must have been a while ago. Also on the tray is some cutlery, as well as salt and pepper shakers for seasoning.
 #337274  by Hopestuck  Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:36 pm
Ahhhhhh, this takes me back. Back to when I was still in my infancy and my older brother was the one who'd hit it big. If only things turned out for me the way they did for him...

So, uh, I guess I could throw in a command here, if only to see what it's like on the other side of the wall.

>Retrieve ar-- (No, don't do that, you idiot! That's just gonna get everyone angry at you! Do you want to get kicked out before you've even had a chance to settle in!?)

Er, uh, sorry, slip of the toungue. Meant to say, uh...

... >Examine cupboard. Yeah, that's it.
 #337320  by Steve  Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 pm
Look for Blue's Clues.
 #337436  by YTguy  Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:29 pm
Examine underside of tray.
 #337547  by Super Goomba  Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:38 pm
YTguy wrote:Examine underside of tray.

... Huh. You would have thought this was an obvious place to hide another one of those clues, but you guess you thought wrong. Oh well, looks like it's just a platform for edibles after all.
Homestuck wrote:>Examine cupboard.

You open the cupboard doors and look inside. There's not a whole lot to see in here. Only two things -- a garden gnome, and a box of dog treats for some reason. The latter seems like a particularly absurd thing to find to you, if only because there doesn't seem to be any evidence of there being a dog in your vicinity, or any other sort of animal you could actually feed these treats to, for that matter. You guess maybe it's possible you'll encounter one later? At the very least, you certainly hope your captors don't expect you to be snacking on these.

... Honestly, that gnome's perpetual stare is starting to creep you out. You might just turn it away from you soon.
Goombachi wrote:Realize you've forgotten how to eat.

Turns out, you haven't! You're kinda relieved to be perfectly honest, since dying of starvation doesn't strike you as a particularly enjoyable way of kicking the bucket. In any event, you're really just WAY too hungry to keep putting off eating, and you very quickly scarf down the delicious steak. It may just be the sheer level of famine you were experiencing talking (or possibly the amnesia), but that was hands-down the best thing you have any recollection of eating!

Hmm?

Wait a minute... what's that?

Huh. Would you look at that, the tray WAS being used to hide something after all! You just had the wrong hiding place. Well, better pocket this note along with the other one.

[NOTE BENEATH STEAK ADDED TO INVENTORY]
Steve wrote:Look for Blue's Clues.

That's exactly what you've been doing! Well, that is to say, looking for clues is what you've been doing. None of them have actually been blue in any sense, really. I mean, I guess the poster was blue on the front side, but that feels like kind of a tenuous leap to be calling it a "Blue Clue". Or a... "Blue's Clue", rather? Well, it does make you kinda depressed to look at it ok no that's even more tenuous.

That particular meandering train of thought notwithstanding, you've found two clues so far. Furthermore, you THINK you've got a pretty good idea of what they're referring to. According to the first note you found, there should be one more clue left to find. You wonder where it could be?
 #337642  by YTguy  Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:22 pm
Open the salt and pepper shakers.
 #338095  by Golden Silver  Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:17 am
Super Goomba wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:25 pm
[FUCKTON OF PAPER CUPS STUFFED IN INVENTORY]
help me i'm dying
 #338100  by Goombachi  Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:17 pm
Gain special powers from feasting on a Scooby Snack.
 #338155  by Super Goomba  Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:28 pm
YTguy wrote:Open the salt and pepper shakers.

You think you've got a pretty good idea of what that clue was hinting at now. You quickly proceed to unscrew the cap on the pepper shaker so as to dump its contents on the ground. While you're at it, you do the same with the salt shaker, just in case something's hidden in there as well.

Unsurprisingly, nothing falls out of the salt shaker. You now have a pile of salt on the floor. However...

Sure enough, while emptying the pepper shaker, an object falls out. The object in question appears to be a small blue key. NOW we're getting somewhere!

[BLUE KEY ADDED TO INVENTORY]
Goombachi wrote:Gain special powers from feasting on a Scooby Snack.

Well, ok, they're not Scooby Snacks specifically. They're just... some generic no-name brand of dog treat, really. Nonetheless, you begin eating them in hope that they might give you some form of special powers.

They... really aren't all that appetizing, to be honest. This really shouldn't come as a huge surprise, seeing as these were meant to be eaten by dogs, not humans. If you don't somehow gain any special powers soon, you think you'll stop putting these things in your mou--

OW!

... Huh. It seems that hidden amongst the dog treats was another key, this one bright red. Come to think of it, this is probably what that first clue was alluding to. Ok, then.

[RED KEY ADDED TO INVENTORY]
 #338158  by YTguy  Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:49 pm
Consume salt to round out your meal.

Alternatively, use available keys on the treasure chest.
 #338215  by Super Goomba  Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:27 pm
YTguy wrote:Alternatively, use available keys on the treasure chest.

You have three keys now, so you think it's finally time you stop putting off your attempts to open the chest. You... don't actually expect the red and blue keys to work, all things considered, but you figure it can't hurt to try them on the chest as well.

Sure enough, the red and blue keys do nothing. Not entirely surprising, considering you think you already know where they're supposed to go. Anyway, time to cut the bullshit and get this chest opened once and for--

... Huh. The-the grey key doesn't work either. After all that, you... you honestly weren't expecting this.
 #338222  by Goombachi  Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 am
That keyhole's too large. Combine the three keys, using them at the same time as a larger key.
 #338225  by Black Ghost  Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:46 pm
Carry the gnome with you all the way to the end of the campaign so you can get an achievement.
 #338232  by YTguy  Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm
Examine lock near door, and attempt to use keys on lock.