• Ultra Dangan Ronpa Turbo!: The Hope/Despair Sunset Showdown!

Home of the character-battling forum game. Fight to be the last one standing!

Moderator: Game Masters

• 1224 posts
  • Page 61 of 62
 #338210  by Black Ghost  Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:21 pm
Dedede would find a large room with several lab tables and cabinets with various lab equipment, as well as chemicals presumably for experiments

Near the back of the room, a large magnet with a hole in the center hung from the ceiling from a chain clipped to the ceiling. It looked heavy, but removable by hand.
 #338229  by Super Goomba  Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:20 pm
Doesn't look like she's in here, either... but, man, that is one weird lookin' thing hangin' from the ceiling. Looks like I can remove if I want...

*Out of curiosity, Dedede unhooks the magnet with his free hand and examines it more closely.*
 #338242  by Black Ghost  Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 pm
The magnet was a little weighty, but definitely not an issue for Dedede's strength. Potentially, anybody could lift it, but those with smaller statures might have a bit of difficulty lugging it around. It would still be feasible for one person, though, except maybe for Relm.

The clip was a metal clip attached to a chain hooked to the ceiling, it was hooked in 4 spots, and the other end had heavy duty suction cups that stuck to the ceiling. The suction cups were immovable even for Dedede, but had a switch on each one that when pulled, released its grip from whatever it was stuck to.

There was a large hole in the center of the magnet, presumably to separate the north and south poles, as the top half was not magnetic. Which makes sense, since it was suspended with metal chains.
 #338255  by CAT-296  Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:37 am
Blastboxer22 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:24 pm
"Young Relm?" Arthur uttered in surprise, "So this is where you have been hiding. Lord Dedede had been worried."
Relm wasn't very pleased on being found so soon, although the walk through the halls did her at least a bit of good; while still visibly agitated, she was far less so than when she stormed off.

"Oh. Hi, Arthur." she sighed, glancing around at any others who followed him. A small hand snuck under her hat as she scratched her head, giving a weak laugh. "Gee, Miss Budapest is really popular all of a sudden, huh? I know she doesn't remember much, but I was just gonna ask her what she remembers about... about all of us. Maybe it'll be something helpful!"

The slight pause hinted at a more focused goal, but it wasn't really important to anyone else. She had to know.
 #338258  by Blastboxer22  Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 pm
Arthur could already tell who Relm truly wanted to hear from Budapest about. Her desperate pleading to Monokuma back on the observation deck was still fresh in his mind. He still wasn't sure what Relm's relationship with Layton was, or if the man was to be trusted after they managed to free him. But he thought better than to make his apprehension known - Relm seemed to be a foul mood.

"We've discovered the network Madam Budapest mentioned before in the Server Room." He'd said, "She claimed she could wrest control from the mastermind of this twisted game if we managed to 'reconnect' her. And I'm inclined to put my faith in any hope of escape at this juncture."
 #338260  by BammerSteel  Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 pm
Arthur wrote:"Friends! I bid you make haste to Madam Budapest, for we may finally have the means to put our ordeal to its end!"
I'm coming, Sir Arthur! Let's finally end this awful nightmare.

And I still need to warn Daisy about Battler and Henry, but still I can't do it with both of them so close by.
 #338263  by Tutan  Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 pm
"...! Relm? Whatever are you doing here??"

The pauses between when Budapest was allowed any sort of interaction with others felt longer and longer. She seemed visibly elated to have company... before realizing shortly after that they were likely about to grill her for more details that she couldn't realistically answer.

Such is what Realm had in mind. She wouldn't be able to answer without access to the network. Buda frowned to herself.

Yet again, they seemed fewer in number. What a sordid affair.

As they trickled in, she silently allowed them to catch up their plan with each other.

It was Arthur who mentioned something very curious.

"The network!? You found it??"

"...Then... you came back for me after all..."

"If I'm uploaded to the network, I can access the database, and then everything should be made clear! Oh, I've been overtaxing my poor memory banks ever so much since I was stuff in this laptop!"
 #338267  by Super Goomba  Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:20 am
Well... guess it's good to know this thing is here. Not that I can really say I learned a whole lot from it. So, what room should I check out next? Guess I'll try the weight room, though I'm starting to suspect Relm ain't even in this part o' the school anymore...

... I'm just gonna leave this magnet on the ground before someone tries to drop it on someone else's head.

*Dedede and Adachi head for the Weight Room.*
 #338282  by Slike  Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:29 am
"Then it sounds like we need to take Budapest to the server room!"

Despite not having been to the server room and maybe not even knowing where it was, Battler carried the laptop and lead everyone in the room over to the server room, where he plugged Budapest into the network, or however this is supposed to work.
 #338284  by Black Ghost  Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:10 am
No sooner was the laptop plugged in than the screen turned off.

Several lines of code started running down the screen.

An odd, foreboding song began to play through the laptop's speakers.

And all of a sudden, Monokuma's face appeared on the screen.

Puhuhuhu. Puhuhuhuhuhu!

Kyahahahahahaha!

Man, how stupid can you be? I mean, this whole room obviously screamed trap, didn't it?

I even told you to bring Budapest here and you still did it like good obedient students!

It's like you're all only paying half attention to this.

Oh man, this is just rich!

In case you're slow, I'll spell it out for you.

Budapest is dead.

Well, she was never really alive in the first place or anything.

But, I did say you'd get a hint, and I'll offer it to you all now.

The way into the secret door in the gravity control room.

Behold the sweetfish river running through my beloved hometown.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream in search of the key.

As you travel down it, you will see a village.
In that village, look for the shore the two will tell you of.
There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.

The one who obtains the key must then travel to the Golden Land in accordance with these rules.

On the first twilight, offer the six chosen by the key as sacrifices.
On the second twilight, those who remain shall tear apart the two who are close.
On the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my noble name.
On the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
On the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
On the sixth twilight, gouge the stomach and kill.
On the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
On the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
On the ninth twilight, the witch shall revive, and none shall be left alive.
On the tenth twilight, the journey shall end, and you shall reach the capital where the gold dwells.

The witch shall praise the wise and bestow four treasures.
One shall be all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be the resurrection of all the dead souls.
One shall be the resurrection of the love that was lost.
One shall be to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.

Yeah, I totally jacked it from a better RP, but what are you gonna do?

If someone inputs the solution into this laptop, I will tell them how to open the secret door. But only one person gets it and they have to be alone when they do it! The secret door will only open for one person. Ever. Once only. Once someone walks out, nobody can ever go in again!

There's a really sweet cape in there!

And the secret behind this entire killing game. But who cares about that?
 #338285  by Slike  Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 am
Is this... Despair?

What a sick joke, getting my hopes all up like that. Budapest... wasn't really hot, and she was a computer program, so that wasn't going to change or anything, and... Why am I thinking about that at a time like this? Jeez.

What I need to do is get into that room.

"...Some kind of riddle?"

"I'll play your game, Monokuma, and crack this whole thing wide open."

I'm coming for you...

Daisy.

Battler left to his study room, to ponder.
 #338286  by Super Goomba  Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 pm
Dangit, where the heck did she go!? I'm starting to get worried here!

Hmm, that door looks... really out of place in here. Wonder what it's for... ? Guess I'd better check it out. I mean, at this point I'm not really expecting to find anything in there, but...

There better not be anything major going on without me.

*Dedede examines the large metal door.*
 #338288  by Black Ghost  Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:13 am
The metal door opened to the gravity control room, which was bathed in a dim red light.

There was a button labeled "gravity control" in addition to a monitor above the button, though the monitor was broken and didn't show anything.

There was another metal door with caution paint on it. However, there was seemingly no way to open it.

Also, if Dedede checked the pool he wouldn't find anything of note there except a closet with some sheet metal inside. Let's save some time there.

Eventually, everyone would go to their rooms.

---

MONOKUMA THEATER

Things don't always turn out the way we expect them to.

And then people have the audacity to change their minds afterward? What kind of coward does that? Personally, I think they're just trying to get out of having to feel bad about what they did. But it never works, because they end up feeling bad anyway. So never change your mind.

---

And then the morning came.

Good morning students, time to rise and shine!
 #338290  by Super Goomba  Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:09 am
*Dedede also checks out the Band Room, but since other characters have already been there, there isn't anything worth noting about his trip there. After being rushed off to bed by Monokuma, he drops Adachi off in his bedroom and goes to bed himself. The next morning, he wakes up.*

*Yawn*

Well, at least I was able to confirm that Relm was safe when we were all ushered off to bed last night. Still, where the hell did everyone disappear to??? Monokuma rushed us so much I never got a chance to ask what was up.

*Dedede emerges from his room and waits in the hall outside for anyone else who wakes up. Regardless of who that may be, he addresses them. Unless it's Adachi of course, since Adachi was with him the whole time. Obviously.*

Hey, so, where'd you all get off to yesterday? Didja tell Budapest about the server room or what?

Hey, ya better not've hooked her up to the network without me. I wanted to see the look on Monokuma's face when we wrest control of this place back from him!
 #338294  by BammerSteel  Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 pm
"I'm sorry, Dedede. It was all another one of Monokuma's traps, and we fell for it. Monokuma just taunted us and gave us a stupid riddle about some secret door."

"Um, Battler, where did you get that cape?"
Last edited by BammerSteel on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.