Post Good Songs for Everyone to Appreciate

• Post good songs for everyone to add to their various playlists for gaming/studying/working out/crying, etcetera.

Rules:

1. It must be a good song, not a bad song.
    2. No videogame music that deserves a separate thread.
    3. You can post multiple songs but nobody will be impressed.

I will start.

Jungle No Steppa - Graz

Heard this live, the way it transforms halfway through is always very up-lifting. Groovy energy, good for finishing up a paper or whatnot.

• Watsky's always been my go-to for "shit people haven't heard of but I really like"

His song Woah Woah Woah is such a pump-up track for me, it's unreal.

• I've always been a fan of Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror; it's super catchy and also a great reminder that change starts with you

• Let me share my favourite song: Alvin and the Chipmunks' version of Blondie's Call Me, except it's slowed and pitched way down.

• In the Airplane over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel

I love Indie Rock with a Passion, and this song, imo, captures the atmosphere of the genre perfectly

• alright no one's broken the first rule yet let's keep that up

Miracle - Caravan Palace

New single by Caravan Palace. Extremely chill. Listened to it while walking around town this weekend. Puts me in a good mood.

• There is always time for some PLASTIC LOVE. That version is specifically an English cover I've had on repeat, but I think the wording is weird after I first heard THIS English cover/remix which is definitely more creative but a departure from the original.

• Digimon - Butterfly has always been a favourite of mine, especially the piano version.

So, can we post youtube videos?

• @ABoxOfPringles said in Post Good Songs for Everyone to Appreciate:

In the Airplane over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel

I love Indie Rock with a Passion, and this song, imo, captures the atmosphere of the genre perfectly

Classic. Always love when this comes on shuffle for me.

@S-R-Awling said in Post Good Songs for Everyone to Appreciate:

alright no one's broken the first rule yet let's keep that up

Miracle - Caravan Palace

New single by Caravan Palace. Extremely chill. Listened to it while walking around town this weekend. Puts me in a good mood.

Yoooo always glad to find more fans of Caravan Palace! As much as I love the traditional electroswing sound, I'm totally vibing their evolution and new style as of late. This is definitely a great bop to have playing while walking from point A to point B.

• I enjoy listening to Feel Good Inc. when I'm in the mood for Gorillaz, good song from a good album.

• My time to shine. Yes, yes, multiple songs won't impress anyone but I can't not give good recommendations.

The Fisherman's Song by Mae is great. But anything from their Morning, Afternoon, and Evening EP's is fantastic.
    A Travers le Miroir by Novelists is a pretty cool song. Their other stuff is much heavier though.
    Lastly, With Rainy Eyes by Emancipator is the epitome of study/fall asleep music. Anything from them is good.

Hope there's something here everyone will like.

• Music is my favorite thing so I'm gonna go over the top. Sorry for the mini-essays but hopefully someone finds something that suits their tastes.

Deafheaven - Black Brick Black/Thrash Metal with Post-Rock influences, very cathartic and lovely while being ugly and gritty. I guess I'd put this on an introspective pump-up playlist (sorry my playlist recommendations are going to be dumb). This was a band I shared with someone very special to me whom I recently lost, so I've been listening to them a lot. This song just released yesterday, which was nice timing in relation to that event. Gives a sense of closure, or some attempt to stay close. Getting existential in my casual forum post. Moving on -

Mitski - Townie Genius indie pop, I think this is the perfect pop song. Fun and catchy, but much more under the surface. A good driving song, and great first song to learn on bass guitar. Mitski's been my favorite solo songwriter for a little while now. Her music is often contradictory, coming off simultaneously as earnest and detached, and a lot of her themes and aesthetics really appeal to my sensibilities as an alienated post-university 20something. Basically I'm just desperate to feel anything and Mitski's music is pretty good at giving me the impression of feeling. Thanks Mitski.

Dir en grey - DRAIN AWAY This song is pretty much straight-up sad J-Rock, but Dir en grey sounds different on every album. I made the distinction of calling Mitski my favorite solo artist because this is my favorite band. I got into them through their Progressive Death Metal stuff, but I've come to love their weird early years. This song in particular is from an album of theirs I disliked until two weeks ago - I've come around on pretty much everything they've done, despite initially not liking a lot of it. This song resonates emotionally with me in spite of the language barrier, the slight lyrical shifts between the three choruses have a lot of weight behind them through their delivery alone. This has been a good song for grey days recently.

This got way more personal than I'd intended so uhhh thanks for listening!!

• I’m a big fan of Guns N’ Roses and they have some pretty underrated epic/sentimental stuff, such as Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, Civil War, and Estranged. If you wanna get pumped up, though, can’t go wrong with classics like Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City. Axl Rose is an absolute beast of a singer

• Some of my favourite songs currently

The Train from Kansas City-The Shangri-Las

I really love the vocal harmonies of this song. Catchy, but also sad at the same time, and the way the song builds up in momentum before reaching the chorus makes it all the more fun to sing along to.

T. Rex-Telegram Sam

Just such an easy song to groove to, from the guitar riff to the hooks. I always feel like I have to move listening to this.

Cradle to the Grave-Mobb Deep

A really dark song, but the beat helps enhance the atmosphere, and provides the perfect backdrop to the detailed storytelling in the lyrics. Language warning for this one as well if you're bothered by that.

• Someone linked Mike Posner's new album in my Discord and I was blown away with how good it was considering how, uh, not very exciting his prior work was. Here's a highlight from it.

Graveyard's one of my favorite modern rock acts and their album last year is their best yet in my opinion. I really like the heavy, dense sound and the fundamentalist blues riffs. The lead single is a great way to know what you're in for.

I'm working on a script about Kanye West and revisiting his early discography was something else. I wasn't a rap fan in 2004, but I can't imagine people turning on The College Dropout and having this song be the first impression of Ye as a headline artist.

• Turtleneck Coverup by Ozma is a banger. Its kinda like Weezer if you're into that.

• Neon Gravestones by Twenty One Pilots if you want to cry
    My Blood by Twenty One Pilots if you wanna jam out
    both of these versions are piano only versions by the lead singer because they're fantastic but the originals are just as good

My Blood Original - Neon Gravestones Original