Fast Food Burgers

• Which is best?

You'll be graded on penmanship and the quality of your thesis defence.

• Believe it or not, in the UK, KFC does like, the god damn best burgers. Like, oh my god. The Wicked Zinger burger is fantastic.

• Shake Shack.

If I ever have to do a trial by combat with burgers, I know which one I'm going to steak my life on.

S-Tier:
    Shake Shack
    In-N-Out

A-tier:
    Five Guys

B-tier:
    Wendy's

C-tier:
    Burger King

C-Minus-Tier
    Jack in the Box

D-tier:
    Checkers
    Roy Roger's
    Carl's Jr
    White Castle

Eating-here-because-I-hate-myself-tier:
    McDonald's

• Imo Five Guys is super overrated. Should really be called Three Point Five Guys.

I can't comment much on other burger related things but I just want to mention that White Castle has one of the best veggie burger options known to man with The Impossible Burger; it's real good, tastes better than an actual White Castle slider.

• @Fawfil said in Fast Food Burgers:

Imo Five Guys is super overrated. Should really be called Three Point Five Guys.

alt text

• imo Five Guys has a top tier burger, but for the price I don't necessarily know if it's worth it.

Wendy's and Shake Shack are tied for me in terms of price to quality, so I'd have to go with them. Never had In-N-Out, but I've heard good things.

Burger King is alright, nothing special.

Personally, never liked McDonalds' food. That includes their Burgers. Their fries are pretty good though.

White Castle is about equal to McDonalds for me. Just not something that I personally enjoy.

• In-N-Out can be exceptional, but you do need to be a California native and know to get it mustard-grilled or animal style. But for its price, complaining isn't something I'm about to do.

Wendy's I usually get more condiment taste than burger, but I appreciate the saltiness of the meat. The standard of "pretty damn good" when it comes to burgers for me.

Five Guys is worth it for cajun fries, but I really don't like how soggy the buns get. I understand that's your thing, but I'd honestly rather just take the buns from another burger, put the Five Guys meat on it, and let God sort things out from there.

Burger King is the "I am starting to consider non-burger options" (or would be if the Wendy's Spicy Chicken wasn't so damn good). Adequate, but you're probably better off going for the Western rather than pure burg bliss.

Carl's Jr/Hardees is a gamble. Sometimes the meat is on-point, the bun is great, the lettuce is crisp (super underrated part of burg-making) and sometimes everything is dry and soggy. Great when it's great, BAAAAD when it's bad. Fried Zucchini is always an advantage in its corner.

Checkers/Rally's I have wonderful memories of as a kid that have been damaged.

McDonalds' Cheeseburger has a monopoly on my childhood taste buds. Big Mac's bad, other burg offerings are super salty, they took away the Big 'N Tasty so there goes their only advantage. But they taste like nostalgia and you're going for the fries anyway.

Why are you getting a burger from Jack-In-The-Box? Why are you not getting some incredible stupid gimmick food that might or might not be amazing, but Hell if they're gonna bring it back except lately because they brought back Panidoes Hell Yes! Probably the worst bun, sub-par burg, mediocre construction, you're there for the gimmicks. Brunch Burger is a'ight like that.

Sonic is actual shit on a shit bun.

Haven't tried any other major burger chains, but honestly I would rather get a craft burger from some brewery than go out for fast food. When you live in Cali and you're NOT getting Mexican or Panda Express as your drive-thru choice, it's a sin. Unless it's In N Out.

• Ikarou said:

D-tier:
    Carl's Jr

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU.

IMO, the only worthwhile burger at Wendy's is/was the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger.

• @Golden-Silver said in Fast Food Burgers:

Ikarou said:

D-tier:
    Carl's Jr

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU.

To be fair I've only had Carl's Jr once before and

@Golden-Silver said in Fast Food Burgers:

IMO, the only worthwhile burger at Wendy's is/was the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger.

it was even worse than McDonald's

• I actually find McDonald's burgers pretty good. As for Five Guys, I appreciate their fries way more than their burgers.

• My biggest issue with McDonald's burgers is that the patties make eating cardboard burst with unami by comparison. Pretty much all the flavor comes from the cheese + condiments. In of itself it isn't the most offensive thing I can eat, but it raises the question of why McDonald's if any other place is available as nn option?

• Based upon what I've experienced:
    Dennys > Red Robin > Del Taco > In and Out > McDonalds > KFC > Five Guys > Whimpy > Burger King

Mind you, I consider Olive Garden to be the worst resturant food I've had so take that how you will

• Five Guys is too expensive for something with American cheese on it. Fite me IRL. Love the unlimited toppings you can add for free though.

Out of the regular "fast food" chains, McDonald's has some hidden gems like the classic chicken sandwich (not a burger, I know) or a quarter pounder w/ mac sauce. The only good thing Burger King ever created is the Big King XL. It's huge, tasty, and beats a Big Mac any day. Wendy's can't ever get my order right for some reason so they're dead to me.

We have Cook-Out over here in KY, and their cheddar style burger is the best fast food burger I've ever had. But I've also never had In and Out or Shake Shack since I live in the east.

• Is Five-Guys as expensive in the US as it is in the UK? Just curious.

• @JAMOfficial It's $7.69 for a regular cheeseburger. So roughly equivalent to 6 gbp.

• @Ventus said in Fast Food Burgers:

@JAMOfficial It's $7.69 for a regular cheeseburger. So roughly equivalent to 6 gbp.

And that's without fries, soda etc?

• @JAMOfficial Right, just the cheeseburger. Fries and a drink will add $4.19 and $2.39, respectively.

• @JAMOfficial It is absurd how much Five Guys is in the UK, but I guess they get away with being a fancy new US brand name.

Context for those from America reading: a large burger, fries and soda can set you back about £15/25 depending on location and toppings. In context, a large meal at say McDonalds or KFC won't even strech past £10. Hell, a Family meal at KFC can vary between £10 to £15.

Besides if you are in the UK and looking to eat out, most people would just suggest Nandos.

• I can't let a fast food burger thread go by without repping my home state with Whataburger. Great taste and portion size for the price, large degree of customization, and some high tier fries (perhaps not the best, but up there.). Not to mention they have the only ketchup that I like, being vinegar-based rather than corn syrup-based. Been going there almost every Wednesday night with friends for like five years.

(Also shoutouts to Mighty Fine, my actual favorite fast food burger, which I didn't include because there are only a couple of locations centered in the Austin area.)

• @Ikarou said in Fast Food Burgers:

Shake Shack.

If I ever have to do a trial by combat with burgers, I know which one I'm going to steak my life on.

S-Tier:
    Shake Shack
    In-N-Out

A-tier:
    Five Guys

B-tier:
    Wendy's

C-tier:
    Burger King

C-Minus-Tier
    Jack in the Box

D-tier:
    Checkers
    Roy Roger's
    Carl's Jr
    White Castle

Eating-here-because-I-hate-myself-tier:
    McDonald's

I'm a So-Cal native but I don't find In-N-Out's burgers to be exceptional. Good but not exceptional. I go there more for the fries and shakes. I'm definitely more inclined to Five Guys, burger-wise.